Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mo Money, Mo Mo!!

If I'm friends with you, if I'm acquaintances with you, if I've only met you once, hell, if I've so much as ever looked at you, I've probably already told you about Movember. But just in case you've never been in my presence, here's the pitch:

Because Aussies have some sort of socially-engrained sense of duty to abbreviate every word in the dictionary, a moustache here is called a Mo. A few years ago, some do-gooders ran with this name and claimed the second to last month of the year as Movember: 30 days for men to unite, grow a Mo, and in doing so, raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and beyondblue, foundations that finance research and increase support networks for men who suffer from prostate cancer and depression.

A few weeks ago, it occurred to me that the month was approaching and I thought, Why the hell not, it's for a good cause! And with that fleeting and impetuous brainfart, I'm embarking on 30 long days of growing a Mo. In return for the countless stares and snickers that I'm surely bringing upon myself, all I ask of you is to make a donation to these foundations by simply clicking on the link below, or copying and pasting it into your web browser:
https://www.movember.com/au/donate/donate-details.php?action=sponsorlink&rego=1432361&country=au

As if you need any more reason to donate beyond the fact that your money will be going to very worthy causes, I'll give one to you: Throughout the month, I will send emails to everyone who has made a donation with daily pictures of my Mo as well as any of my thoughts, ramblings, anecdotes, etc. I might not be able to send an email every day, but it will be close to that, and for those days that I miss, the next email will contain pictures from the past day(s). Thus, you will get to see my Mo grow, from infancy all the way through to bushy greatness. How good is that??!? But remember, this is a two-way road. Only if you donate Mo Money by clicking on this link will I give you Mo Mo. So do it today!

Finally, through the magic of the World Wide Internets, I've been able to generate a likeness of myself at the end of these 30 days. Behold!


Ain't I pretty? And won't it be worth it to see this beautiful Mo grow, day by day, throughout the month? If you agree and would like to see Mo Mo -- and how could you not? -- then please click here or on the link above and donate Mo Money!

No comments: