Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm embarrassingly giddy

As if Joe Torre's recent book wasn't damaging enough, with the latest news that he tested postive for steroids in 2003, Alex Rodriguez's name is now forever tarnished. And I'm finding myself giddy. Embarrassingly so.


I really shouldn't allow myself to get so excited at the misfortune of others. (Then again, he did bring this completely upon himself.) But I think many of us here know how much I loathe the man. Not just because he's a Yankee. But because of how fake he seems, how desperately and disgustingly he apparently needs to be loved, how everything in the winter of 2003/04 went down,* the fight with Jason Varitek,** the slap in Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS, his purple lips, how he selfishly announced his free agency in the middle of the 2007 World Series, all of the nauseating rumors about Madonna and, well, just look at him!

*The ironic part is that he actually did the Red Sox right with most of his actions during that off-season. Aaron Boone, on the other hand... he's not only the man who ripped my heart out of my chest on October 16, 2003, threw it on the ground, defecated on it, put it in a paper bag in front of Grady Little's house and lit it on fire so that Grady could stomp all over it -- wow, yeah, still painful... but by ripping up his knee that same off-season, thus allowing the Yankees to void his contract, he's probably also the person most responsible for A-Rod landing in New York. But still, despite this ability to rationally break the situation down, I hate A-Rod -- and only A-Rod -- for how it all went down. It's completely illogical, I know. I don't care.

**"We don't throw at .260 hitters!"

One day, maybe I'll stop being so petty. Not today.

No comments: