Saturday, November 17, 2007

Throwin' some Salty Chocolate Kleinballs

Why is South Park not regarded as one of the greatest TV shows of the last decade? It's leaps and bounds better than anything else out there (animated or not), and that's 100% because of Matt Stone and Trey Parker. When you have two guys that (a) have incredibly demented senses of humor, (b) don't give a shit about who they insult and (c) can throw an episode together in two seconds so the shows are ridiculously timely, it's a perfect storm. Then how come it never gets the credit it deserves? I don't have an answer to this, and really, beyond the fact that I needed some way to segue between the title of this blog to the rest of this post, this has nothing to do with anything. But it's true.

The last week or two, I've been on the search for pumpkin puree. You see, an American friend of mine here is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner next week and I've offered to make pumpkin pie. Why would I offer to make pumpkin pie when (a) I've never made a pie -- let alone a pumpkin pie -- in my life, (b) don't have all of the necessary equipment and (c) have an oven that's been nicknamed Old Unfaithful? Honestly, I have no good answer for this. But I've made a commitment and now I'm screwed. Because I can't for the life of me find pumpkin puree in Sydney. No one has it. And I'm not about to puree a pumpkin. This can't end well.

For those who missed it, yesterday -- actually, it would still be today in the US -- was Steve Irwin Day. Let's never forget.

On top of all of the Steve Irwin tributes, yesterday -- err, today -- was also a big day for me because I received my first pay check in three months! What a novel and thrilling concept for money to be place into my account instead of helplessly watching my balance slowly waste away.

Lately, I've been struggling to come up with things to write about, so that only can mean one thing: ROAD TRIP!! That's right, starting this month (or maybe next), I've made a resolution to take at least one weekend trip a month. So that will give me a total of, uhhhh, one more thing to write about every month. Problem solved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll be needing Team Maine up there!!!

Who are the new members and make sure to tell me a little about them....

Andy said...

Maybe I'll do some profiles of each of the members of Team Australia in the recap of my first trip. Tentatively looking like it'll happen the weekend after this one.