Thursday, June 25, 2009

Getting back on that Twitter horse

Maybe it's because I've been living, breathing, reading and writing anything and everything to do with marketing over the last few weeks. Maybe it's because after a break of a month or so, I was ready to give it another go. Maybe it's because you can't go longer than three minutes these days without being exposed to it. Maybe it's because I finally realized that it might actually be in my best interest to be shackled to the confines of 140 characters.

In the end, I can't directly place my finger on the 'why'. Why's the sky blue? But to very roughly paraphrase Scott Storch: I took roughly a month off, and now I'm back up in the Twitter.

(There's no good place for this tangent, so I'll just do it here: There are some awful, awful, awful comics about Twitter floating around the Internet. I searched for a good 20 minutes before settling on the one in this post, and even then, I'm including it somewhat reluctantly. I actually seriously considered using a comic that was in Spanish, just because, well, I guess I could pretend that it was funny. Maybe I shouldn't have included a comic at all? I don't know. Maybe. I just felt like I needed something else in here besides 400 words about how I'm getting back on that Twitter horse.)

In my first go with Twitter, I got it, I think. At least for the most part. This time, I really think I get it, maybe a little more. I'm not sure I know what that means. I certainly don't expect you to know what that means. But, yeah, I think I get it. So I'm getting back up on that horse, and am tweeting like a mad man. Caught up in my new-found zeal, I've ditched the bug-ridden MadTwitter desktop application and have supplanted it with TweetDeck, which may ultimately send me into sensory overload and turn my brain to mush,* what with its grouping and search capabilities (not to even mention the synchronization with Facebook).

*Kinda like what's happened with my Google Reader account. Haven't been under "1000+ new items" in months. And the longer I let that go, the more daunting and demoralizing it becomes.

So! In case you don't already, feel free to follow me. Or just view the updates in my little widget on the right sidebar here. Let's see where this takes us.

No comments: