Friday, April 3, 2009

I am a jet lag slayer!

Been in LA for just over 48 hours now. It's been constant action, doing one thing or another.

Had a nice flight. Left Sydney at 9pm Tuesday, watched three movies (Quantum of Solace, W and The Rocker) and some TV shows, played some blackjack and poker to brush up on my big excursion tomorrow, and landed in LA at 5pm Tuesday. Love that you arrive before you leave! Went home. Had a nice dinner with the parents. Crashed at 10pm.

Woke up Wednesday morning at 9am feeling great. Screw you, jet lag!!! Filed my taxes, took care of a few other things, then had lunch with Benihana at a Mexican restaurant. REAL MEXICAN FOOD!!! Love it. Oh, and yeah, it was great to see Benihana on my own, especially before they descend into madness with the wedding this weekend. Then I did a couple more things around the city, went back home and had another nice dinner with the 'rents.

Woke up Thursday morning, felt great again. I own you, jet lag!! Took care of a few things around the house. Got lunch with Vern in Venice. Met up with Dave and got a coffee at Huckleberry. Hit up Angels-Dodgers at Dodger Stadium! First time at Dodger Stadium in a long time. So long, in fact, that I'm not even sure when I was last there. So it was good. The Dodger Dog was good. And the Dodgers won. Who cares if it's only Spring Training?

Saturday is the wedding. I'm excited. But first, tomorrow is Kronmash! Or Chuborg, if you prefer. I know this means nothing to all but two people in the world -- for now, let's just say that there's a very close relation to me brushing up on my blackjack and poker on the flight -- but it's late and I need to go to sleep. Just because I've slayed jet lag doesn't mean that I don't have to sleep at all! So full explanation and recap to come next week.

No comments: