Friday, September 26, 2008

The camera, it hates me

They said they'd make photos and video available to me. And I was actually looking forward to that, to have some kind of keepsake of my run.

And yesterday, the email came: we have pictures available for you to view! So I excitedly clicked on the link. And that's when I fully appreciated the wording of their email. Not "we have pictures of you to view." Oh no: "We have pictures available for you to view." Because here's the one picture that they've offered to sell me:


Great. Fantastic. Am I down there, somewhere on the bridge? Maybe, but I doubt it; I think it's just a photo that they offer to everyone. Meanwhile, a friend from work has five photos available to purchase, all of which were actually, you know, of her. She didn't just have one option, in which she may have looked like crap. No -- she had five freaking options.

Then there came the video of the finish line. Any more of a keepsake, this hardly is. But click here to view the video. I'm about 15 seconds into it, in light blue shorts, on the left. Mindblowing video! Yep, definitely gonna be holding onto this to show to my grandkids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't care, Andy. That was awesome. Look at you, charging across that finish line with confidence! I'm impressed. Mainly because I can't run ten yards (er...meters) without getting winded.

Robert