Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Throwin' some 'video killed the real blog' Kleinballs

I could be writing about other stuff. I should be writing about other stuff. More substantial stuff. I have a huge backlog of photos on my camera that I should be uploading. There's plenty of news to share. I do, after all, have some huge changes coming up. But I'm being lazy. So enjoy as I throw down some video Kleinballs!

Tying a bow on the end of the Winter Olympics, we look back at Australia's first ever winter gold, just eight years ago. I'm not sure if this is a fitting way for a desert nation to win its first gold or an embarrassing way. Either way, it's pretty funny.



As the regular season for Rugby League approaches, the league recently put on an inaugural NRL All Stars versus Aboriginal All Stars match. And Wendell Sailor – one of the more colorful characters in the league, and who's about to retire – treated us an absolutely hilarious try celebration. There certainly have been better touchdown celebrations in the NFL (Merton Hanks is an all time favorite for me), but you usually don't see overly flamboyant celebrations in rugby. So the shock factor, combined with the fact that Sailor scored the try for the Aboriginal All Stars – you'll see in the video why this latter point is relevant – just sent this one through the roof.*



*Hmmmm... a few weeks removed from this game, I just watched this video for the first time in a week or so. And I'm not so sure the hilarity's going to translate. Just trust me – there's a strong dose of hilarity in there.

Working for a training services company, with one of our core competencies being in leadership development, I read and view quite a bit of leadership-related content on the Internet. I'll concede that I could have found this video on leadership so brilliant because most of the other stuff I come across is so humorless, but... well, no... it's pretty good.



Have a random video you'd like to share? Why don't we continue throwin' these Kleinballs in the comments! Because heaven knows we don't all already have enough places to share inane links and videos.

No comments: