Saturday, January 26, 2008

Aussie Aussie Aussie (Day)!

Back in the States, MLK Day was last Monday. So while (most of) you back there had work or school off, I worked. Just like on Thanksgiving. And what public holidays have I had here to offset these losses? Nilch. Squat. Which is why I'm pumped for my first Australian public holiday, and it's a big one: Australia Day.

Imagine if there was an America Day in the US. That would be huh-yuge. Huh-YUUUGE. Well, that's Australia Day in Australia. So to commemorate the day, some friends and I are heading up to one of their parents' houses on MacMasters Beach, whipping up the barbie, cracking open some beverages, chilling on the beach and letting hijinx abound as nature runs its course.

The question now for me is, can I out-Australian the Australians? That's the goal. And I think I have just the attire to do it. Stay tuned for the recap...

No comments: