Friday, December 21, 2007

Throwin' Stream of Consciousness Kleinballs

I've been really into the stream of consciousness writing these days. And since I don't have much else to write about, I just sat down and wrote about whatever poppped into my head. Besides typos, haven't edited any of this.

My house is still good. I think I like the people. I think. Most of them are good. The Turkish guy's a little strange. He laughs like a hyena. And he describes all food as "very nice", but it sounds more like "veiwy nice." Kinda like Bugs Bunny. Not that this is what makes me dislike him. And I guess I don't necessarily dislike him. He's just strange. Which, I said above. Let's leave it at that.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but Lynyrd Skynyrd spells their name very strangely.

I think I've seen about 30 cumulative minutes of the NFL this year. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. And I think I'm okay with this.

Everyone wants to know about how my work is going. And I really don't know what to say. I mean, after that first few weeks, I found that it was really quite similar to working anywhere else. Except I have to dial "0" before a number except "9". That's probably been the biggest barrier to my domination of the Sydney market and ultimate ascension to becoming the Spam King of Sydney.

I miss New York. I miss being within five minutes of dozens of restaurants and bars. I miss stores being open past 6 and banks open on Saturdays. But I love living by the beach. I love walking along the water. And the smells of the ocean.

If I had to rank the continents, I think it would go: Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Australia, Africa and Antarctica. That's 100% subjective and not based on any criteria. Although I'm not sure how Antarctica could ever been anything but last.

Christmas cards are interesting.

I'm already fearing the winter here. Yes, I know that's insane. For several reasons. But it's true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy,

With Jebus as my witness, you will rise to become the Spam King of Sydney.

Jah Bless,

-Daver